This is one of the most famous and influential adverts in the history of the
Saatchi & Saatchi as well as the industry. Political campaigns were often
seen as a risky move for advertising agencies as doing so can easily make enemies
but the bold move from the agency in the '70s cleared paid off as they are now
one of the most successful and respected agencies today. I personally love this
ad I thinks its witty and very characteristic of the agency's style. Even
though the ad is now dated it has still played a part in many political ads since
as it is so well known.
The historical context of this ad is hugely important to understanding many political adverts today. For example, green party supporters have used the historic campaign as part of their campaign.
For me I feel the 'Britain's better off with the conservatives' campaign is particularly
inspiring because of the copywriting. The simple declarative sentence is
powerful and informative combined with the art direction of the never ending
line is rightfully so an iconic ad.
No comments:
Post a Comment