In order to understand more of the brands history and how it likes to portray itself in society I am going to look at some of the companies past campaigns. Advertising campaigns for Facebook seems to be a paradox as many companies use the website to promote their own brands. Therefore many of its previous campaigns was 'in league' or sponsoring something else in the meantime. For example, this 'green peace' and Facebook promoted both companies simultaneously whilst reflecting positively on Facebook as it makes the brand look caring of the planet. I personally think this style of advertising works better for the company because it doesn’t seem forced and cheesy like ‘the friends’ ad. I feel it also creates a purpose for the ad making people more energy conscious whilst promoting the social network rather than just producing predictable ads for the sake of it.
This ad is another example of facebook using the basic concept of the website to add and delete friends and use it as a metaphor for something important and relevant.
No comments:
Post a Comment